Supermarkets are a wonder of convenience in the modern age: everything you need all located under one roof and at a cheap price. However, sometimes it’s not only the items on sale that are cheap, but the facilities in the supermarket themselves. Poor maintenance of supermarket facilities pose a very real and serious danger for anyone carrying out their weekly shopping.
What are the risks of poorly maintained facilities?
It’s impossible to detail all the potential risks that you might experience as a result of poor maintained facilities, however here are some of the more common examples:
- Inadequately Maintained Parking Facilities – The surface and grounds of a car park are a major source of car park accidents. Uneven and rough surface may damage your car and can result in a serious slip, trip or fall. Faded road markings can also lead to an increased risk of a traffic collision.
- Unsafe Facilities – Poorly maintained toilets and baby changing facilities can lead to a serious increase in the risk of having an accident, particularly the risk of a slip, trip or fall from falling to regularly clean facilities.
- Faulty Equipment – Failing to properly maintain any equipment such as shopping trolleys and escalators can result in a serious increase in the risk of an accident. Poor handrail maintenance of an escalator can be the cause of a particularly nasty slip, trip or fall.
- Poorly Stacked Displays – Poorly or overly stacked displays can pose a serious danger of falling objects for any customer.
- Unsafe Surfaces – Any uneven or improperly maintained surface such as a floor can cause a catastrophic accident.
Be sure to note and report any of the above examples if you happen to see them whilst at the supermarket!
I have suffered an injury as a result of poorly maintained facilities in a supermarket. I don’t know who to turn to. Can Accident Advice Helpline assist me?
If you have been the victim of an injury as a result of poorly maintained facilities in a supermarket then don’t worry. Accident Advice Helpline is here to help. We offer free and professional advice on a no win no fee* basis and our advisers are on hand 24/7 to deal with your claim. Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in providing advice in regards to compensation claims.Open Claim Calculator