How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Do you suffer from a workplace illness?

    If you suffer from a workplace illness then you may not realise that you’re eligible to claim personal injury compensation. You’re suffering from an illness, not an injury, right? Well, not really. If your illness was caused as a direct result of your work, then you could find you are able to make a claim for personal injury compensation. That’s because employers have a duty of care to keep their employees safe at work. If your employer has been negligent and you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness, then you could get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you’re able to make a claim for compensation.

    What workplace illness are you suffering from?

    There are serious, fatal workplace illnesses such as asbestosis and mesothelioma, and then there are more minor illnesses; you could even be eligible for compensation for mental illness such as stress or anxiety. Here are a few other examples of the types of workplace illness that you could suffer:

    • Back pain
    • Musculoskeletal disorders
    • Repetitive strain injury
    • Occupational dermatitis
    • Occupational asthma
    • Work-related hearing loss

    If you have suffered an illness as a result of your work, or if an existing illness or condition has been made worse (such as asthma), then we could help you to claim the compensation you are entitled to. There is a three-year time limit in place to make a claim, so it’s a good idea to contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon as possible after your accident.

    Claiming compensation for a workplace illness

    You could be entitled to a substantial personal injury settlement if you’re unable to return to work as a result of your illness, or if your quality of life in future has been affected. The best way to find out how much you may be able to claim is to take the 30-second test on our website, and then give Accident Advice Helpline a call. It’s free to call us from a landline on 0800 689 0500 but if you prefer, you can call us from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 (charges may apply).

    Our advisors are available to offer confidential advice, and you can ask us any questions you have about the claims process. You could be entitled to compensation for your loss of earnings as well as your pain, suffering and any other financial losses you have sustained, so it is well worth getting in touch with us to find out.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: April 10, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Health and safety at work

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.