How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Sheffield Council faces £16m in compensation claims over five-year period

    By David Brown on July 12, 2014

    Recent figures have revealed that Sheffield Council has been named in around £16 million worth of compensation claims in the last five years. The period stretches from 2008 to 2013 and covers a total of 3,145 claims. The total amount of successful claims paid out thus far is approximately £1.6 million, one-tenth of the total amount claimed. Other claims have been successfully made but have yet to receive the agreed payout.

    The claims vary in size and cover a wide range of injuries. They also cover property damage and damage relating to vehicles, as well as claims for loss of earnings where injuries have led to time off work.

    Could you make a claim for compensation from your council?

    Regardless of whether you live in the area controlled by Sheffield Council or not, you may still be in a position to make a claim if you have suffered an accident you know was not your fault. It should be noted that the vast majority of services offered by all councils are safe and of excellent quality. For example the majority of roads are in very good condition but there is always the potential for accidents to happen and for potholes to form, for example.

    If you think you have suffered an accident due to the fault of your local council, it is wise to get further advice about the situation. The law states that you have three years to consider bringing a compensation claim so even if your accident wasn’t recent you may still be able to claim.

    Our 30-second online test could determine whether you are entitled to compensation

    No one wants to go through an accident of any kind, whether it is minor or major. However, if there is evidence that your local council has been negligent in its services, you may be able to launch a claim. Here at Accident Advice Helpline we have experience of helping our clients bring no win, no fee** claims for compensation. We are proud to have Esther Rantzen as our patron and we have an excellent team of professional injury compensation lawyers who are here to help. Contact us today by calling our free 24/7 enquiry line to find out more and to take the first steps in finding out if you can make a successful claim.

    Source: Brief Report

    Share On


    Date Published: July 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.