How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    School teacher accident advice

    Some teachers claim compensation for getting injured as a result of tripping, slipping and falling within the school building or school grounds; using defective equipment, including desks and chairs; carrying heavy objects, such as audio/visual equipment; contracting food poisoning; or being assaulted.

    Regardless of the reasons why a teacher decides to file a compensation claim, he or she should look for school teacher accident advice in order to understand exactly what can be done after sustaining an injury at school.

    Can I claim compensation for being injured at school?

    If you have suffered an injury due to a work-related accident for which you are not responsible, you can approach our personal injury solicitors, who are able to direct you towards a course of action that will produce the best results. For example, you can make a compensation claim if you have tripped and fallen on a poorly maintained footpath, or if you have been injured as a result of a chair that collapsed.

    As with any other work accident injury claim, you have to prove that another person, in this case the school, was responsible for your injury in order to have a valid claim. In addition, you should have reported the accident to your superior right after you got injured. Ensure that he or she has made a note of your accident in the school’s accident book. If your injury resulted from a defective pavement, a good idea would be to take photographs with a ruler in order to demonstrate that the defect was deep/high enough to cause a trip and fall accident.

    When should you start legal proceedings?

    Sooner is always better. But, if you cannot pursue your claim right away due to the injuries that you have suffered, you can begin legal action within three years from the date of the accident. If you have been assaulted, you have two years to file a claim via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you think that your claim should be pursued, you can phone 0800 689 0500 for accurate legal advice. Over the years, the lawyers working at Accident Advice Helpline have dealt with numerous school teacher compensation claims. This means that they are able to walk you through the process of making a claim against the school responsible for your injuries or against the CICA.

    If you are in doubt about whether or not you have a valid compensation claim, you can contact us for school teacher accident advice when it is convenient for you; our lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once we know the details of your case, we will discuss your entitlement to compensation. If we decide that, under UK law, you have a justifiable right to claim compensation for your suffering, our legal specialists will be more than happy to handle your case and help you obtain the financial recompense you deserve.

    Date Published: February 9, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.