Accidents around the home vary from slips, trips and falls to burns and scalds. The home is brimming with hazards but following simple safety steps will significantly reduce the risk of injuries incurred in the home.
Top tips for safely using an iron
- Iron in an area that does not cause obstruction to the rest of the family
- Check the tags on clothing – they often state what ironing setting to use on the garment
- Always fill the iron with water before use
- Iron using a self-developed system, so that your area does not become cluttered and hazardous
- Do not leave the iron face down, particularly on items of clothing
- Avoid leaving the iron unwatched
- Keep the iron away from small hands and be assertive as to where children are in relation to the wires and iron itself
- Always iron on a high and sturdy surface – do not iron on beds or floors
Ironing injuries that aren’t your fault
If you believe you have sustained an injury while using an iron, and it was not your fault, you may be able to claim compensation.
Typically, when used sensibly, the iron does not pose high risk to home users, however, there are issues including electrical faults and defective products that can cause you harm through no fault of your own.
When this is the case, law firms, such as Accident Advice Helpline can help you determine if your case is valid for personal injury compensation.
Who is to blame?
When you purchase a product, you do so in the belief that you are buying a safe and reliable item.
Should this item then be found to increase the risk, or cause an accident in the home, the manufacturer has not succeeded in its legal responsibility to meet health and safety standards.
How does it work?
Once the legal process has started, Accident Advice Helpline works on a no win, no fee basis to manage your claim.
After you have provided the firm with the finer details of your injury and accident at home, your case will be passed to one of Accident Advice Helpline’s experienced lawyers.
Taking the pressure off your shoulders, the claim can usually be sorted over the phone, with no need for you to attend court or wade through wordy paperwork.
Recover at home assured that Accident Advice Helpline will do all in its power to ensure you receive the pay-out you are entitled to.
To discuss your claim with a member of Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.