How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Safe Driving Guide – UK Alcohol Limits

    Safe Driving Guide – UK Alcohol Limits

    Many people would say it is best not to drink any alcohol at all if you know you are going to be driving. However, there are specific UK alcohol limits in place that determine how much alcohol you can have in your system and still be able to drive legally.

    At present the maximum amount of alcohol you can have in 100 millilitres of breath is measured at 35 micrograms. In terms of blood alcohol content you can have no more than 80 milligrams in each 100 millilitres of blood. Alcohol content can also be measured in your urine. In this case the limit is 107 micrograms of alcohol in each 100 millilitre measurement of your urine. Different people react differently to alcohol however, so you may be legally under UK alcohol limits and still be impaired, in which case you should not be driving.

    Are you considering compensation after being injured by a drunk driver?

    Every year other road users and pedestrians are injured and sometimes even killed by drunk drivers. This can devastate lives. If you have been injured in this situation or you are the family member of someone who has been killed (or the parent of a child who has been injured or killed), it is only right to consider compensation for your suffering and in relevant cases the suffering of the person affected.

    In this case you should definitely seek proper advice concerning your specific situation. Some people don’t quite know where to begin, but a professional injury advice lawyer can assess the circumstances and determine whether there is evidence that negligence was to blame for the accident.

    AAH has a free 24/7 enquiry line available to take your call

    Being involved in a situation like this is harrowing and upsetting. However, the first step is to get professional advice and in this case you should contact Accident Advice Helpline. We’ve been supporting people in similar situations to this for years so there is every chance we may be able to help you as well.

    Open Claim Calculator

    All you have to do to get started is to contact us. You can take our 30-second online test to get an idea of whether you have cause to launch a no win, no fee** claim, or you can simply call us. Our free 24/7 enquiry line is here so providing you call within three years of the accident taking place, we can discuss the potential for bringing a case to court.

    Date Published: July 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.