Road traffic accidents (RTAs) are one of the most prolific causes of injury and death here in the UK. RTA compensation amounts are of keen interest to anyone who has been involved in an RTA, through no fault of their own
The standard guidelines
There is a set of guidelines that are used to help in the evaluation of personal injury damages sustained. The figures come from a book which is published by the judicial studies board, and that is entitled “Guidelines for the assessment of general damages in Personal Injury cases.”
Excerpts from the RTA compensation amounts guidelines
Here are some examples:
- Head injury – from £1,250 (minor injury) to £222,000 (major injury)
- Eyesight injury – from £2,150 (minor injury) to £222,000 (major injury)
- Hearing injury – from £4,000 (minor injury) to £77,000 (major injury)
- Neck injury – from £875 (minor injury) to £97,500 (major injury)
- Back injury – from £5,150 (minor injury) to £111,000 (major injury)
- Arm injury – from £4,350 (minor injury) to £90,000 (major injury)
- Leg injury – from £6,000 (minor injury) to 185,000 (major injury
The tables are quite extensive and not particularly easy to use. It’s far easier to use the online HOW MUCH injury calculator that you’ll find on the Accident Advice Helpline website.
Taking the 30-second test™
By taking this test, you can kill two birds with one stone. You can validate your claim in principle, and you can get an estimate (based on the guidelines referred to above) for RTA compensation amounts relating to your specific injury. You simply need to supply six pieces of basic information:
- Did your injury occurred in the last three years?
- Was the accident was your fault?
- Did you receive medical attention?
- Which part of your body was injured?
- Your full name
- A phone contact number
Based on the information you supply, the online injury calculator will indicate the validity of your claim and give you an estimated claim value. This value may of course be subject to additional costs and expenses, which you will need to advise your solicitor about should you decide to proceed with your claim.
One of the first no win no fee injury claim solicitors
We were one of the first injury claim solicitors to bring a no win no fee policy onto the marketplace. It enabled anybody, regardless of their means, to apply for compensation without the fear of having to part with any money up-front.
Our patron, Dame no win no fee means exactly that.”
To find out more about RTA compensation amounts, contact our free helpline on 0800 689 5659.