RoSPA road safety guide issued for Scottish drivers

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) is joining forces with Transport Scotland to issue a guide for councillors to ensure they can develop road safety initiatives in their area. The RoSPA road safety guide will be entitled ‘Road Safety: A Guide for Councillors’ and is hoped to reduce road traffic accidents in Scotland. The guide will detail how local authorities can use evidence based research to deliver effective road safety services and will show how councillors can deliver projects in partnership with public services and organisations. The document is a step by step guide to road safety policy and services in the country and is aimed at providing information to councillors on how they can reduce the number of accidents on the roads in their area. RoSPA’s road safety manager in Scotland Sandy Allan has stated that many councillors need to know what resources are available to them due to budget cuts and the numerous changes being made to councils of late. The document will explain what is available to them to effectively make changes on road safety in their area. The document includes sections on road casualties which indicate which are the highest risk groups and there is also a section on limited resources and how to make the most of them.

How road safety initiatives help

The RoSPA road safety guide is aimed at councillors in order to help them develop road safety measures in their areas and to help reduce accidents and fatalities on the roads. Road safety initiatives like this can help others to educate drivers and road users on the importance of road safety and the impact reckless driving can have on other road users and families. Simply issuing advice to drivers regarding the potential hazards of the road can remind them to take better care while driving and to avoid getting into bad habits. However, there are some road users who still drive recklessly. If you have been the victim of a road traffic accident and have been injured because of another road user, you may be able to claim compensation.

Contacting Accident Advice Helpline

We are a law firm that has been operating since the year 2000 and have helped a number of victims of accidents to claim compensation for personal injuries. Where there is evidence that another road user was negligent, you may also be able to claim compensation with our help. Call us free on our 24-hour helpline to see how we can help you or take our 30-second online test to determine how successful your claim is likely to be.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.
Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )