How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Rock climbing accident compensation advice

    If you are looking for rock climbing accident advice, it is essential to know that rock climbing accidents belong to the personal injury sphere. Similar to other adventure activities, such as mountaineering and high wiring, rock climbing involves some obvious risks. This does not mean, however, that you have no right to compensation if you suffer an injury whilst taking part in an outdoor adventure.

    Who is responsible for your injury?

    You will have a compensation claim only if you can prove that you were injured due to someone else’s negligence. In this case, finding out who that ‘someone else’ is, is imperative in order to be able to file your claim against that person directly, or against his or her insurer. If it is impossible to determine who is at fault for your injury, you can make your claim against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

    In the UK, the organisers of outdoor activities have the responsibility to ensure that all their clients are protected and safe during such activities. This means that if you sustained an injury whilst being supervised by staff especially designated to protect you, making a claim for adventure-related accident compensation is definitely possible.

    Understanding the legal framework

    In order to file a compensation claim against the people who organised the event in which you were injured, you have to prove several aspects, such as the fact that you were given defective equipment (Supply of Goods Act 1979), or you have been poorly instructed on how to use special equipment (Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982), or that the organisers or supervisors have acted negligently or failed to take reasonable care of you and other people to whom they owed a duty of care (Occupier’s Liability Act 1957).

    To have a valid claim against the person or venue that has organised that particular activity, you must report the injury to the staff or to the police as soon as possible. Additionally, you have to seek medical advice and treatment, and get a medical report confirming your injuries and associated severity scores. Besides these, you need to obtain evidence supporting your claim, such as photographs and witness information, if applicable. Expert evidence can also be required to sustain your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What can you claim after a rock climbing accident?

    Besides offering rock climbing accident advice, our personal injury solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline will help you to get appropriate compensation for your injuries. Our specialists can help you to obtain the compensation you deserve because they have vast experience in handling different types of personal injury claims, including cases relating to adventure activities.

    Another thing you need to know is that the amount of compensation you will receive depends on the severity of your injuries and financial losses incurred as a result of being injured, including loss of earnings, medical fees and travel expenses. To settle the right compensation award, the court will also take into account your pain, suffering and current and future inability to do the things you used to do before the accident. If you choose us, the solicitors working at Accident Advice Helpline, you can be sure that we will do our best to obtain the highest compensation settlement available for your claim. To discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: December 2, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.