If you have been injured whilst participating in a 4×4 off road tour, we can offer you free off road driving accident advice regarding your entitlement to compensation. A certain amount of risk is involved in any off road adventure, but some accidents warrant compensation due to the nature of the occurrence. To be in the position to make a successful off road driving accident claim, the accident must have taken place under abnormal circumstances, such as negligence on the part of tour organisers. To have a valid claim, you have to prove that the other party owes you a duty of care, that the party breached its duty, and that your injury resulted from that breach.
Understanding the claim procedure
A claim procedure must be followed should you find yourself with an injury resulting from an off road driving accident. The correct procedure includes:
- Reporting the accident: you have to report the accident as soon as is practically possible. For instance, a person left behind by a group in an off road tour could use a two-way radio to let the rest of the group know that he or she has had an accident.
- Getting treatment: you need to see a doctor and get adequate treatment for your injury at the earliest possible opportunity. To include the cost of medical treatment in your claim, you should keep all the receipts proving the expenses incurred for medication and other medical necessities.
- Getting witness details: if there are any witnesses, do not forget to note down their contact details. Witnesses are important since they can provide additional proof of the events resulting in your injury.
- Contacting a suitable solicitor: hiring a personal injury solicitor is always a good idea in order to ensure that your claim will be handled promptly and in a professional manner. To improve your chances of winning the case, you should hire a solicitor with extensive experience of handling off road driving accident claims.
- Providing documentation: your solicitor should have access to all the information supporting your case, including medical bills, travel expenses relating to the accident and uncollected wages. All these will help your lawyer determine the compensation amount you should be awarded.
In the same way as with any other personal injury compensation claim, an off road driving accident claim involves many different factors. If a neglectful injury has left you unable to work any more, your solicitor can include compensation for all future lost earnings. If you are in a position where constant care, special equipment, living facility, and transportation must be provided, future expenses will be factored into the claim.
Experienced solicitors provide off road driving accident advice
At Accident Advice Helpline, highly knowledgeable, well-versed solicitors are ready to provide you with legal counselling, assistance, and guidance in terms of formulating all the documentation necessary to file a successful off road accident compensation claim. Additionally, our solicitors promise to offer an honest, straightforward evaluation of your claim to ensure that you will receive the highest compensation amount for your suffering.
To discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.
Date Published: July 25, 2014
Author: David Brown