How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Are you receiving work injury treatment?

    Most workers go to work each day and complete their duties without worrying about the odds of an injury. Thanks to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, there are few incidents where people are hurt nowadays. However, if people do receive injuries while doing their work, they may sometimes require work injury treatment to fully recover.

    Treatment could vary from simple first aid to a stay in hospital. Minor accidents may not trouble you too much, but more serious ones can change your life. Some people find they can no longer do the job they did before, or must reduce their hours because of the way their injuries affect them.

    What kinds of work injury treatment might be required?

    This will depend on the injuries suffered. Burns, for example, will be treated very differently to broken bones. Some injuries will require the person to attend outpatient appointments for some time to come, whereas others will require the person to stay in hospital before being discharged later.

    In some cases, people may be disadvantaged financially because of the injuries they suffered. This can happen with injuries that do eventually get better, as well as with those that leave the person with a disability. If the injuries were caused by a negligent employer (unlikely, but possible in rare cases), there could be a chance to claim compensation that considers any loss of income and out-of-pocket expenses as well.

    What should you do next if you were hurt at work?

    Being injured in this setting can be worrying in many ways. Aside from assessing your injuries and determining if you have a chance to claim, you may wonder whether your job could be at risk. You have a right to claim for compensation relating to your injuries, and this could prevent other people from being hurt as you were in the future as well.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Calling Accident Advice Helpline can be done easily following any accident, including those that have led to work injury treatment. You can call free of charge on 0800 689 0500 from any landline. Even if you only have a mobile, you can still call easily on our dedicated line on 0333 500 0993. Do this and you can speak to someone who cares – an advisor who has already provided advice and no-obligation information to those who have called before you did.

    Date Published: November 16, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.