How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Have you received broken nose treatment lately?

    If you’ve broken your nose then you’ll know it can be a painful injury. The good news? Most broken noses can be treated at home with the use of ice packs to reduce swelling and painkillers to ease the discomfort. Many people find that sleeping with extra pillows also helps to reduce swelling, and you’ll normally see an improvement in swelling within a week, bruising within a couple of weeks. However in some cases you may need to attend hospital for broken nose treatment, for example if your nose is very misshapen or crooked after your accident.

    If you have been hit in the face and your nose is crooked, it will be realigned by a doctor either under general or local anaesthetic. Ideally, this should be carried out within 14 days of your accident happening. If the skin on or around your nose is broken then adhesive strips and/or stitches will be used to close the skin.

    Compensation for broken nose treatment

    What happens if you need broken nose treatment that means taking time off work? Whilst most people can return to work within a few days of their accident, you may need to take time off to have your nose realigned or for other surgery, if your injuries are severe. This can affect your work and your finances, and you may also have other expenses to cover such as the cost of travelling to hospital or your local GP surgery, or the cost of prescription painkillers and other medication. Making a personal injury claim is a wise move as you could be compensated for any financial losses related to your accident.

    So if somebody else was responsible for your accident, they could be held liable and ordered to pay you compensation. It doesn’t matter if you were injured in an accident at work or a car accident – if somebody else was responsible then Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim compensation.

    How do I claim compensation?

    The first step towards making a claim for compensation after breaking your nose is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. We’ll be able to tell you if you have a viable claim, and we can also answer any questions you have to put your mind at ease. You can call us on 0800 689 0500 (or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to find out more at any time. It’s unlikely you’ll need to go to court to get the compensation you’re entitled to, as we can process most claims in full over the phone.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: February 12, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Nose injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.