How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Railroad conductor accident claim

    Increase your chances of a successful railroad conductor accident claim by calling the experts at Accident Advice Helpline. We are committed to helping accident victims like you claim the maximum compensation with a minimum of fuss.

    What sort of accidents can be claimed for?

    You can claim for any accident that leaves you needing medical attention as long as it can be proved to have been caused by the negligence of a third party and has caused you to suffer financially. Accidents may have taken place on the train or at a station. Often they involve trips or falls, but they can also be more serious accidents such as train crashes and derailments.

    How can a third party be negligent?

    It is important to remember that negligence is not the same as malice. It is very unlikely that anyone meant to cause your accident, but that does not mean that someone cannot be considered negligent. The train and track companies have a responsibility to take reasonable care that stations, trains and tracks are safe environments for both staff and passengers. If they do not take care they may be considered negligent.

    For example, if a derailment happens because the points failed and a track inspection was long overdue, then the track company may be considered negligent. If a station has recently been cleaned, the floor may be slippery. If appropriate warning signs have not been posted, the rail company may be considered negligent.

    How do I start a railroad conductor accident claim?

    The first step is to get expert legal advice. Call Accident Advice Helpline at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. Our trained advisors are always pleased to offer you free, no obligation advice on how to make a railroad conductor accident claim. They will take the details of your accident and will confirm if you are eligible for compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    When will I get a lawyer?

    As soon as you decide to proceed with a claim, your details will be passed to one of our expert solicitors. An advantage of a large team such as ours is that a lawyer will be available to start work on your case immediately. The lawyer assigned to you will be one who specialises in your injury type.

    What evidence will you need?

    Your lawyer will need to gather evidence to back your railroad conductor accident claim. This will include medical evidence of your injuries. Sometimes you may be required to attend one further medical examination. They will also need your account of the accident and will get statements from any witnesses. It is useful if we have some photographic evidence of your accident, so, if possible, use your mobile phone to get a photo of the hazard that caused your accident.

    You should also keep receipts and records of all the costs associated with your accident so they can be used to calculate your compensation package.

    When should I start my claim?

    Start your railroad conductor accident claim as soon as you feel ready after your accident. Claims must be started within three years of the accident, so it is advisable to take the first step of calling us as soon as possible.

    Date Published: June 10, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.