Medical Negligence Claims
In order for medical negligence claims to be successful, you will naturally require legal representation capable of effectively and efficiently dealing with your case. To establish whether the solicitor you wish to represent you is indeed suitable, it helps to know all the relevant questions to ask them before hiring them as your representative. Some of these questions should, by the way, also be asked when making compensation claims after accidents at work, road accidents and so on. Here are some of these questions.
Important questions for medical negligence solicitors
The initial set of question to ask potential legal representatives includes:
- How much free time will be allocated to case assessment?
- Whether the law firm is on the clinical negligence panel of the Law Society or the AvMA.
- Which member of the law firm’s team will be dealing with the case?
- How much experience this individual has with claims against injury through medical negligence, work accidents, and so on?
- Whether you will be able to communicate directly with this individual, and how often.
- Whether any, and if so, how much, of the necessary work will be delegated to junior team members.
- Whether the case be dealt with urgently, as this may be necessary if it is close to the legal three year limit for personal injury claims.
Additional questions to ask when claiming medical negligence compensation
Whether you are claiming against medical negligence, an injury at work or an injury through other accidents, you should also ask any potential legal representative:Open Claim Calculator
- What your chances of success are.
- What level of compensation you can realistically expect.
- How long the case is expected to take.
- How much claiming medical negligence will potentially cost you.
Accident Advice Helpline
These and many other questions you will want to ask will be answered quickly and satisfactorily by the helpful, experienced staff manning Accident Advice Helpline’s call centre. The line is available 24/7 via a free-phone number on 0800 689 0500. All calls are treated confidentially and callers will be advised of the chances of success for their claim before any legal action is set into motion.
Once it has been established that a potential claim for compensation has a chance of succeeding, the most suitable representative to deal with the case will be selected. While it is impossible to provide an exact time frame due to the fact that cases can vary significantly, you will be advised roughly how long proceedings should take. You will also be given a rough idea of how much you may receive in compensation, although here, too, no specific figures can be provided.