How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is Public Health England?

    Public Health England is an organisation which is responsible for the protection and improvement of the country’s health and wellbeing. Established in 2013, Public Health England brings together specialists from more than 70 organisations. It has 15 local centres and covers four separate regions of the UK:

    • North of England
    • South of England
    • Midlands and East of England
    • London

    The organisation is responsible for:

    • Supporting members of the public to improve and protect their own health
    • Improving public health by supporting the NHS, local government and other organisations
    • Sharing information and expertise with government organisations and the NHS

    Public Health England also works with health professionals in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales as well as internationally. If you are dissatisfied with the care you have received from a health professional, you will normally complain to your local NHS Trust, but Public Health England may be consulted by the NHS or other organisations in regard to any complaint.

    Claiming compensation for clinical negligence

    Medical professionals must meet certain standards, and if they fail to do so, medical negligence may be deemed to have occurred. If you feel that the standard of care you have received has fallen below your expectations, you could complain to your GP directly, or to the NHS trust which manages the hospital in question. There is usually a three year time limit in place to claim. Medical negligence could cover:

    • Surgical errors
    • Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
    • Prescribing the wrong medication
    • Failure to prescribe medication or refer for treatment

    Contact a personal injury lawyer to find out if you may be able to claim compensation if you have been affected.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Get in touch with a personal injury lawyer

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we don’t work in any other area of the law, we deal solely with personal accident claims. Our expert team of personal injury lawyers has 14 years’ experience handling medical negligence claims, as well as claims for accidents at work and other types of accidents. If you have been affected by medical negligence, pick up the phone and call our freephone helpline today – we are here 24/7 to take your call. It’s easy to get confidential, no-obligation advice, or you can take the 30-second test on our website now, to find out how much you may be able to claim. Get in touch today to get the ball rolling on your claim.

    Date Published: September 9, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.