How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Premier Foods pays £4,370 in compensation to worker injured by a loose pipe

    By David Brown on December 6, 2014

    Premier Foods pays £4,370 in compensation to worker injured by a loose pipe

    Jonathan Wain, who was employed by Premier Foods’ bakery in Stoke-on-Trent as a mixing bay operator, was injured by a loose pipe, which fell on him whilst he was cleaning a cage. The stainless steel pipe on the cage should move upwards when the cage is cleaned, but as Wain closed the cage door, he was injured by the loose pipe, which fell and struck him on the head.

    After the accident, he suffered from blurred vision, concussion, headaches and dizziness and needed seven weeks off work for medical treatment. He contacted the Bakers Food and Allied Workers Union who instructed a personal injury solicitor to claim compensation from the company.

    After investigation it was found that the pipe’s rubber seal was missing, which caused it to become loose and fall. Action was taken by the bakery to ensure other pipes on the premises all had seals fitted and a claim was lodged against Premier Foods by Wain for failing to inspect and maintain machinery.

    If you have been injured due to your employer’s negligence, you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation, but don’t forget that there is a three year time limit in place to make a claim.

    Has your employer been negligent?

    Your employer has a duty to keep you safe at work and this includes providing a safe working environment and ensuring that all equipment is properly inspected and well-maintained. If they have failed to do so, they could be deemed to be negligent, and you could report your accident to your union or the Health and Safety Executive, who will usually carry out their own investigations. You may also be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation, so contact a lawyer to see if this is possible.

    Claiming the compensation you deserve

    We believe if you have been injured due to a negligent employer, you should be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Accident Advice Helpline can help you get the compensation you deserve – in fact, we’ve been helping people just like you since 2000.

    We offer a 100% no win, no fee service, which means you don’t need to worry about affording expensive fees upfront, and we can provide you with confidential, no-obligation advice when you call our freephone helpline. We can help no matter how you have been injured, so why not get in touch today to discuss your situation in detail with one of our professional personal injury lawyers?

    Source: Stoke Sentinel 

    Share On


    Date Published: December 6, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.