The loft is an area of the home that is often seen as a place that is out of sight and out of mind but this does not mean it is free of potential hazards.
Whilst slips, trips and falls may seem to be the most obvious chance of an accident, there are plenty of unforeseen risks in the loft. There may be an assumption that accidents at work are more common than in the home, but if you are careless in your safety in a room such as the loft it can have unfortunate consequences.
Here is a list of five things you should check in your loft to ensure it is a safe environment:
1. Is your loft insulated? If not make sure it is.
2. Be careful of any clutter that is in the loft when entering it initially and make sure it is completely clear before you put items there for storage.
3. Make sure the loft is properly ventilated to avoid condensation building up in the roof space.
4. Be careful when walking in the loft if the flooring is not secure. Make sure you have wide planks or boards to walk on if this is the case.
5. Sensibly store items that need to be placed in the loft so you don’t have to worry about any objects falling or causing damage to you whenever you may enter the space.
Who are Accident Advice Helpline and can they help?
Accident Advice Helpline is a service founded in 2000 which tries to help anyone involved in an accident that wasn’t their fault. They strive to ensure any claimants who have rightfully made a claim receive compensation.
Thousands of people have used Accident Advice Helpline and continue to do so. They deal with a wide variety of accident claims, whether it be a road traffic accidents claim or medical negligence, there is always someone wanting to help.
How do I make a claim?
All that is required is that you call the 24/7 telephone service and one of the friendly advisers will take you through the process. They will decide in minutes whether or not you have a chance of a successful claim.
The process should be stress free and very often claimants don’t end up in a courtroom.
Category: Accidents at home