The kitchen is viewed by many as the centre point of a home, a clean and pristine room where you can feel safe and avoid all those potential slips, trips and falls.
Whilst the primary function of the kitchen is seen as cooking, the inanimate objects need to be attended to also.
Here are five potential hazards in the home and tips to avoid harm:
1. Unsecured cabinet doors, be aware of these as they could fly open if the window is left open and a breeze comes in.
2. Objects on open shelves/ledges. Know where you are placing inanimate objects in your kitchen because if they fall or you collide with them it could cause serious injury.Open Claim Calculator
3. Be aware of hanging objects such as mirrors these may be decorative and intentionally placed but they can still catch you off guard too.
4. Electronics – Know where you are a placing your appliances and put them in sensible positions to help avoid any possible accidents.
5. Furniture – Ensure big cabinets to place your dishes in are secured to a wall and that any essential furniture is placed sensibly.
Who are Accident Advice Helpline and how can they help?
Accident Advice Helpline deals with claims where people have been involved in an accident that wasn’t their fault.
There is no judgement as there is an acute awareness that accidents can occur in all shapes and forms.
They know that whether it be one of those unfortunate accidents at work, or an incident that is classified under road traffic accidents, the team of friendly staff is there to help you every step of the way and handle a whole variety of claims.
How can I make a claim?
All that is required is a simple telephone call to the 24/7 helpline and your claim will be immediately dealt with over the phone.
Accident Advice Helpline staff will be able to assess in minutes if you have a chance of making a successful claim.
It is usually a hassle-free process and the compensation figure is decided over the phone with the claimant rarely required to attend a courtroom.