It is clear that having a cellar can be a cost-effective and simple storage solution in a home. Having a cellar may be a luxury but it is certainly a place where you are prone to slips, trips and falls.
The maintenance of such a room is absolutely essential as it can have a serious knock-on effect on the safety of the rest of your home. There may be a school of thought which says that the workplace is the most likely place you can suffer an accident but you can be just as unfortunate in your cellar too.
Here is a five point checklist to ensure you keep your cellar safe:
1. Make sure you control any potential water supply you may have in your cellar, and regularly check and rectify any water leaks.
2. Ensure there is ventilation in the cellar otherwise the humidity and condensation could make it a toxic room.Open Claim Calculator
3. Ensure that any potential exits to and from the cellar are unblocked.
4. Be careful that you don’t overstock the cellar or you could leave slip, trip and falls hazards.
5. If you see any mould in your cellar instantly resolve the issue and try and address the causes.
What are the Accident Advice Helpline and can they help me?
The Accident Advice Helpline is a service that works to ensure that anyone involved in an accident that wasn’t their fault can claim their rightful compensation.
They have helped thousands of claimants involved in accidents that weren’t their fault and whether it be travel accident compensation claim you require or need to assess a claim of a similar nature, then the Accident Advice Helpline can assist you.
How can I make a claim?
There is a 24/7 telephone service and most claims are solved over the phone and rarely reach courtrooms.
The friendly and experienced team will let you know within minutes if you have a chance of making a successful claim and they do all they can to take the stress away from the process.
TV personality and consumer champion Esther Rantzen has constantly lauded the work that the Accident Advice Helpline has done and continues to do so on a daily basis.