Every employee has the right to work in a safe environment. If you’ve had an accident at work and you suffered injuries through no fault of your own, you have the right to claim compensation.
Last year alone, 78,000 work injuries were reported and 27 million working days were lost in the UK in the 12 month period leading up to April 2012.
Types of work accident: potential claims for cinema workers
Different jobs carry various risks; factory workers and farmers, for example, are at risk of injuries caused by operating heavy machinery, while office workers have a high risk of suffering from repetitive strain injury and back pain.
A cinema may be viewed as a safe environment for cinema workers, but there are hidden dangers, which may cause injuries. Possible accidents which may befall cinema workers, include slips, trips and falls, incidents caused by operating catering machinery, and exposure to loud noises which could result in loss of hearing.
Injuries that may result for cinema workers include:Open Claim Calculator
- impaired hearing or deafness
- fractured bones and soft tissue injuries caused by slipping or tripping
- burns and scolds caused by cooking and serving hot snacks
Preventing work accidents for cinema workers
Here are some steps for employers to reduce the risk of work-related injuries and illnesses at the cinema:
- ensure staff members are trained to use equipment
- provide first aid treatment and first aid training for staff
- ensure spillages are cleaned up as quickly as possible, and protocol is in place for dealing with slippery floors
- ensure that passages are well lit to lower the risk of falls, slips and trips
- provide protective equipment for members of staff, such as ear defenders
How to make a work accident claim
If you are thinking of making a claim for work accident compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or take the 30-second test on the website to check if you have a viable case. Accident Advice Helpline is a leading law firm with over 13 years of experience of handling personal injury claims.
Note down all the details of your claim, ask the people around you for their contact details so they can be contacted to make a witness statement, and seek medical attention so that information about your injuries is on record. The personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline will do all the hard work for you to ensure that you get the work injury compensation you deserve.