How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Post-traumatic stress disorder claims

    Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder with mental and physical symptoms that is usually brought on by traumatic events. Examples of events which could lead to an individual developing PTSD include a road accident, time spend in the military, being a victim of crime or experiencing natural disaster.

    Obviously, some of these things are nobody’s fault, and over 30% of people who experience a traumatic event will go on to develop some form of PTSD. However, if you believe that somebody is at fault for your PTSD, you could be eligible to claim for compensation.

    Claiming for PTSD

    Whether or not you can claim for post-traumatic stress disorder will depend on what caused you to develop PTSD and the severity of your symptoms. Mild symptoms could include anxiety and inability to communicate effectively, although these can still impact on your daily life. If you have severe, long-lasting symptoms which prevent you from functioning normally or working, then you may be eligible to claim more. These symptoms could include:

    • Irritability
    • Insomnia
    • Feeling depressed and isolated
    • Anger management issues
    • Flashbacks or night terrors which could cause you to become violent

    If you believe that you are suffering from PTSD, the first step is to see your doctor. Left untreated, your symptoms and feelings of isolation could get worse, so it’s important to seek medical help as soon as possible. It can often be a good idea to see a therapist, to talk about your symptoms and how you are feeling.

    How we can help

    Once you’ve seen your GP and are being treated for PTSD, you may wish to push ahead with a claim for compensation. If you are claiming against the MOD, then you should always seek the advice of a negligence claims or personal injury claims solicitor who has experience dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder claims.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Even if you have been involved in a road accident and are claiming against the other driver, it is best to use the services of a specialist personal injury claims lawyer. Accident Advice Helpline offer a 100% no win, no fee* service and our team are here 24/7 to chat to you in confidence, with no obligation to proceed.

    It helps to have as much evidence and information to hand as possible before calling us to claim, so that we can fully process your claim over the phone – with most claims there is no need to attend court. Call us today and see if we can assist you with your PTSD claim.

    Date Published: November 19, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Stress

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.