Do you need ‘plastic surgery gone wrong’ advice? Once the preserve of the rich and famous, plastic surgery has now become commonplace in the UK, with thousands of individuals opting to undergo a whole range of procedures. Unfortunately, there has also been an increase in the incidence of plastic surgery negligence cases, and a subsequent rise in the number of people claiming compensation for botched work. Accident Advice Helpline has received hundreds of calls from worried clients saying something along the lines of: “I am a victim of plastic surgery gone wrong – advice on what I should do next would be appreciated.”
Accident Advice Helpline is one of the leading personal injury law firms in the country, with a wealth of experience in winning clients the compensation they deserve for their injuries, you can be assured that your compensation claim for a failed plastic surgery procedure will be in safe hands. Compensation claim advice is available for, amongst other treatments:
- Laser eye surgery
- Tummy tucks (abdominoplasty)
- Botox injections
- Breast reduction or augmentation
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Plastic surgery procedures carried out for medical purposes e.g. skin grafts
Duty of care
Regardless of whether you undergo plastic surgery for cosmetic or medical purposes, your surgeon owes you a duty of care and should:
- Explain the surgery procedure and other options open to you.
- Give you adequate information regarding all the possible risks associated with the plastic surgery procedure and ensure you understand them.
- Arrange a consultation session with you before you decide to go through with the surgery. During this session, the surgeon should explain the entire procedure and answer all your questions.
- Allow you to have a cooling-off period after the consultation to give you an opportunity to consider all options and to change your mind.
Your plastic surgeon should not persuade you to undergo any procedure you are uncomfortable with or are undecided about. Additionally, he or she should not give you unrealistic expectations of what may be achieved.
When to seek compensation for plastic surgery gone wrong
If you feel that your plastic surgery went badly; you suffered unnecessarily during or after your operation, or you believe your surgeon was negligent in their duty of care, you might have valid grounds for making a plastic surgery compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
You may have a legitimate claim if:
- You had to undergo further procedures to repair damage caused by the initial surgery.
- You had an unusually painful and prolonged recovery that caused needless suffering.
- There was a surgical error during your procedure.
- You received conflicting advice or inaccurate information concerning the risks associated with the procedure.
Help with your claim
Accident Advice Helpline has a large and dedicated team of in-house personal injury solicitors who are here to help you with your compensation claim. One of these caring and understanding solicitors will be happy to discuss your individual experience of plastic surgery gone wrong – providing advice you can rely on to be trustworthy and legally accurate.
You can contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone or through the contact form on their website.