How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    My personal injury has left me unable to work

    If you’ve been injured through an accident at work, a road traffic accident or other accident which has left you unable to work, you’ll know just how stressful it can be. Time off work to rest and recover from your illness or injury is the best thing for you, but the added complication of loss of earnings due to time off can leave many people struggling to pay their household bills. The good news is that if you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation, and your settlement will take into account any loss of earnings relating to your accident and subsequent injury.

    Major injuries

    If you’ve been injured in an accident at work which has left you unable to carry out your duties, you’ll need to find out about your employer’s liability insurance. By law, all employers must have this, and a certificate of insurance should be displayed at work. If it isn’t, your employer must provide you with the details when you ask. You should seek advice from a specialist personal injury lawyer, who will be able to guide you through the claims process. Most personal injury claims can be settled out of court, so there’s no need to worry.

    Road traffic accidents

    If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident and are unable to work, you could claim for loss of earnings. You’ll need to prove that the accident wasn’t your fault – for example, if it was caused by a distracted driver or someone driving in a vehicle that wasn’t roadworthy, then you could claim for compensation. In situations like this, having a professional personal injury lawyer on board is vital to ensure that your claim is processed properly, and that’s where Accident Advice Helpline can help you.

    How we can help

    You know you can trust us – we’re accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and Lexcel, the Law Society’s practice management standard, and our patron is Esther Rantzen, TV personality and UK consumer champion. Just call us 24/7 on our freephone advice line – 0800 689 0500 – and we’ll be happy to offer you confidential advice, with no obligation to proceed.

    If you do decide to claim for compensation for your personal injury, our 100% no win, no fee service will ensure you keep more money if your claim is successful, and our team of personal injury compensation specialists will usually be able to tell you within 30 seconds whether you have a viable claim, so what have you got to lose?

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 15, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.