How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury claims for burns caused by another party

    If you have suffered a burn caused by someone else at home, work, or even in a public place such as a hotel restaurant, you could be eligible to make a personal injury claim. Burns can be distressing as they are one of the most permanent injuries to suffer, leading to physical scars or disfigurements, even amputation in some cases. You may be in pain and need to take time off work, or you could lose your job, not to mention the psychological and emotional implications.

    Burns are a common injury

    Because we’re surrounded by hot objects every day, at home and at work, burns and scalds are common injuries, with approximately 112,000 people being treated at A & E for burns each year in the UK. Whilst minor burns and scalds can be treated at home, severe burns could damage nerves, blood vessels and bones, so you should always seek medical help straight away. Bear in mind that, burns can also be caused by cold, chemicals, steam, sunlight, electricity, and friction, making them one of the most complicated injuries to treat.

    Claiming for negligence

    If your injury is a result of negligence or someone else’s fault, such as an electrical burn due to a faulty kettle in a rented flat, then you could claim for negligence. In the workplace, you should be given advice and protection against any hazards you may encounter and if this doesn’t happen, you could make an employer negligence claim. For example, if you work with hazardous chemicals but are not provided with any personal protective equipment (PPE), then you could claim for employer negligence.

    What to do next

    If you’ve suffered a burn at home, work, or in a public place, the first thing you should do is seek medical treatment, to prevent or minimise scarring and ensure that your burn heals properly. Next, you should consider whether you have a viable claim for compensation – the chances are, if it was someone else’s fault, you do.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number – 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and we will normally be able to tell you within 30 seconds whether your claim is viable. It helps to have as much information to hand as possible so that we can process your claim, but remember that there’s no obligation to proceed; you can call us for a confidential chat at any time. If you do proceed with your negligence claim, our expert team of solicitors will work on your behalf to claim compensation. Call us today to see what we can do to help you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 19, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.