What is a personal injury? In the context of making a claim, it is pretty simple. It is an injury that occurred as a result of someone else’s actions or negligence.
It is the job of legal representatives such as Accident Advice Helpline to prove this and to get people the compensation they deserve for the injuries and costs which were not their fault.
Who could you potentially claim from?
- Drivers – If you were injured thanks to the actions of another driver then you could potentially be able to claim personal injury compensation from them. You do not necessarily need to be in car as this can equally apply to pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists as well.
- Workplaces – A workplace has a duty to care for their employees and anyone using their premises. Therefore they ought to recognise health and safety standards. If they do not take sufficient care and someone gets injured due to their negligence then it is possible that they will have to pay compensation.
- Professional organisations – This can be a contentious issue. For example some schools have been accused of being too quick to close during winter due to fears of being sued if children or adults slip on the paths. In reality this will only happen if paths are not properly cleared so it is the responsibility of the authorities involved to decide on the level of risk they are comfortable with.
- Criminals – If you are injured in a violent assault then you could potentially claim from them. However some people may be hesitant to do this and so may choose to seek compensation from their workplace (if it was deemed they put employees unnecessarily at risk) or from charities and public bodies set up to help support victims of violent crime.
- Medical professionals – This can be quite difficult because you need to prove that the medical professionals not only made mistakes but also that those mistakes led to a condition getting worse in a personal injury case, or in the worst case scenario proved fatal to the patient.
Why you should contact Accident Advice Helpline
For over 13 years Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people claim compensation, guiding them through cases that are often quite complex . The helpline is open 24 hours a day so there is always someone available who can talk to you about your claim.
We have been praised for our customer service and even if you choose not to pursue it with us we are happy to provide free initial advice. Don’t delay, contact us today!
Date Published: October 21, 2013
Author: David Brown