How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal accident claims injury at work

    For personal accident claims injury at work, Accident Advice Helpline can help. Even though your employer has a duty to protect you at work, accidents can happen. Your employer also has a legal obligation to report accidents and incidents, pay you contractual or statutory sick pay if you are entitled to it, and give you time off work if required.

    Reporting work place accidents

    Your employer should report serious accidents at the workplace. They are legally bound to report:

    • Deaths
    • Minor injuries such as broken bones
    • Dangerous incidents including the collapse of scaffolding or people overcome by gas
    • Any injury that stops an employee from doing their job for more than three days

    Your employer should do this, but if you are in any doubt that they have, you should report the accident yourself. The Health and Safety Executive would rather hear about an accident twice than not at all.

    Health and safety at work: who’s responsible?

    It’s down to your employer to carry out health and safety risk assessments and do what’s needed to ensure the safety of staff and visitors.Your place of work should have trained first aiders. They’re not entitled to extra pay but some employers do offer this. Nevertheless, it’s a very worthwhile skill to have on your CV.

    What to do if an accident happens at work

    Any work place injury – however minor – should be written in your employer’s ‘accident book’. All employers (except for very small businesses) should have an accident book and this provides evidence if you need any time off work or decide to seek compensation. An accident book is also a good way for your bosses to see what’s happening and make any changes to ensure that no further accidents take place.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Getting paid while you recover

    In most cases you’ll only be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay. Your employer may have a scheme in place allowing you to be paid more, or perhaps they’ll pay more based on the nature of the accident.

    Making personal accident claims injury at work with Accident Advice Helpline

    If you’ve sustained injuries in an accident at work and you think your employer is at fault, you may want to claim for compensation. Don’t feel that you can’t seek damages because of the impact it may have on your working relationship. Employers have insurance to cover such eventualities and accept that, from time to time, accidents happen.

    The compensation you’ll be awarded will cover any financial losses including lost wages, specialist equipment and medical costs.

    To start your claim process, call Accident Advice Helpline on freephone 0800 689 0500 or complete our online 30 second test and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also call from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 or text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and we will call you. Our friendly advisers will be able to answer any questions you may have, and give you information that relates to your situation.

    With Accident Advice Helpline, making personal accident claims injury at work is hassle free and straight forward.Why not contact us today?

    Date Published: April 23, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.