How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who pays for a personal injury claim?

    If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to make a claim for personal injury compensation. Who actually pays for this depends on where you received your injury, whether anyone had a ‘duty of care’ to keep you safe in that location, and whether that person or company was directly responsible for your injury.

    Who was responsible for my accident?

    If you are injured on a company’s premises, you would usually claim personal injury compensation from that company. Your claim would only be successful if your injury can be shown to be a result of their negligence. If you trip over your own feet on their premises, for example, they would not be responsible. If you trip over a piece of loose carpeting, however, they could be. If they admit liability, or a court decides they should pay, it will usually be their insurance company that will actually pay you the compensation.

    If you are injured in a public place (on a public pavement, for example), the council would be responsible for paying your compensation. If you have been injured in a public hospital, the NHS would pay rather than whatever doctor you believe was personally responsible. If you are injured on your employer’s premises, your employer will most likely have employer liability insurance to cover his or her expenses. If you have been injured as a result of another driver’s negligence, that driver would be responsible rather than the council who maintain the roads, and the actual payment would come from their insurance company.

    How to make a claim for personal injury compensation

    If you’d like to make a claim for personal injury compensation, it’s best to consult an expert legal adviser before approaching the defendant (the person who you believe to be responsible) yourself.

    To discuss your situation in detail, call our expert advisers at Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500. They’ll be able to explain the process in detail and will let you know whether or not your claim is likely to be valid as well as how much compensation you could potentially receive based on the severity of your injuries. If you choose to go ahead with your claim, it will usually be done entirely over the telephone and on a no win, no fee* basis. For a very quick guide to your eligibility, check our 30-second claim calculator online.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.