How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who would pay my hit and run compensation claim?

    Who would pay my hit and run compensation claim?

    Being involved in a road traffic accident where the other driver flees the scene can be a traumatic experience which can leave you feeling shaken. You could be involved in a hit and run accident as a pedestrian, driver, cyclist, passenger or motorcyclist. The good news is that if you’re injured as a result of a hit and run accident, you could be eligible to claim for compensation.

    What happens next?

    Hit and run accidents always need to be reported to the police, who will then make efforts to trace the missing driver. The outcome of your claim for compensation will depend on whether or not the police can trace the driver of the other vehicle. If the driver can be traced and they have valid motor insurance in place, then your claim will take place as normal to the driver’s insurance company. If they can be traced but they are uninsured, or if the police are unable to trace the driver at all, then you could claim through the Motor Insurer’s Bureau’s (MIB) Uninsured Driver Scheme.

    Claiming for compensation

    The MIB deals with claims if you’ve been injured by an untraced or uninsured driver, but it can be a complex and lengthy process dealing with them directly. Many people prefer to seek specialist legal help and this is where Accident Advice Helpline comes to the rescue. With many years’ experience in the personal injury claims industry, Accident Advice Helpline can help you with your claim for compensation. We offer confidential, no-obligation advice and a 100% no win, no fee** service, plus calling our 24/7 helpline is totally free, so you have nothing to lose.


    We know how stressful the aftermath of a road traffic accident can be, whether it is you or a family member who has been injured and our team of specialist injury compensation lawyers will guide you through the whole claims process from start to finish. Because most claims can be processed in full over the phone, it’s unlikely you’ll need to attend court and you can find out right now how much you could be eligible to claim – just take the 30-second test on our website and then give us a call on 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: February 23, 2014

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Hit and run accident claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.