How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    New Year celebrations accident counselling

    If you have been involved in a serious and traumatic accident whilst attending a party, you may require New Year celebrations accident counselling to assist your recovery. If we think it will help you to overcome any mental anguish, Accident Advice Helpline can provide a helping hand. We can file a compensation claim for your injuries and enable you to cover the cost of counselling. To claim for counselling costs, the treatment will need to have been recommended to you by a medical professional. If you have already started counselling, keep the receipts, as we may be able to recover those costs. For more information on how we can help, ring our free 24-hour helpline.

    Who is liable for my accident?

    New Year celebrations are usually a happy time for people across the UK as they gather with friends and family at outdoor events, pubs, clubs, restaurants and even in the home. The basic premise for compensation is the same for all of these occasions. If you were injured and a third party was to blame, you may be able to claim a monetary sum. If you were at a bar and fell over a misplaced object and suffered concussion, for example, the bar owner could be held responsible. Building owners and event organisers must uphold a duty of care to the general public. If they fail to do so, they may be liable.

    You could suffer a range of injuries at New Year celebrations, from minor cuts and bruises from a slip or trip to serious head injuries, burns and even fatalities. How much you can claim will depend on your specific situation and how much counselling you need. As long as it happened during the last three years, you were treated for your injuries, and a third party can be proved to have been negligent, you should have grounds for a no win, no fee* claim.

    Adults often consume alcohol and spirits during the festive period, which can lead to an increase in the number of violent clashes that arise. If you have been the innocent victim of a violent assault by someone else and we think that you might have a valid case, we could make a claim against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. Making a standard personal injury claim in this instance would make it very difficult for you to receive money as it is difficult to enforce the judgement.

    Where can I receive counselling?

    If any of these accidents or injuries were traumatic, it is possible that your doctor will recommend that you have celebrations accident counselling. Counselling can help you to cope if you have been the victim of a violent crime or if you are suffering from panic attacks or anxiety. Getting help on the NHS is free, but you may have to wait up to a year for your treatment. Private counselling can enable you to obtain treatment faster, but it can be expensive if you need many sessions.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline can help to ease any financial worries by making a claim on your behalf. Our expert lawyers will only need a few details and a medical diagnosis to support your case. We will also collect evidence on your behalf to prove the negligence of a third party. Call 0800 689 0500 to get started now.

    Date Published: January 1, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Event claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.