New pedestrian crossing to be built in memory of teen

A new pedestrian crossing costing £250,000 is to be built at Normanton Hill, the spot where schoolgirl Jasmyn Chan was killed after a hit-and-run accident in May 2014. The ‘Jazzy’s Crossing’ scheme, which will be implemented in the 2015/16 financial year, is going ahead after over 12,000 people signed a petition to improve safety on the road at known accident blackspots.

Sandra Bradley, the petition’s organiser, had this to say, “It’s good to see that the council is taking this issue most seriously. I’m so pleased with the way the community has come together after this terrible tragedy to help find solutions to the problems, but it is dreadful so many drivers are still driving at such reckless and dangerous speeds in what is a 30 mile speed limit. Jazzy’s Crossing will not only be a lasting tribute to a very courageous teenager, but more importantly will help to prevent any further tragedies on this very dangerous stretch of road.”

If someone you love has been killed in a road traffic accident, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.

The tragedy of hit-and-run accidents

In a hit-and-run accident, the vehicle involved flees the scene, so it is down to police to investigate and arrest the person responsible. If they are found, you may be able to make a claim for compensation against their insurer, but even if the responsible driver is not found, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau may be willing to pay out compensation for your loss. All too often, those involved in hit-and-run accidents are killed, but if someone you love has been seriously injured, you could claim compensation for their pain and suffering. Don’t forget that there is still a three year time limit in place to make a claim, whether you are claiming for yourself or on behalf of somebody else who has been injured or killed.

Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline

We are here to help you get the compensation you deserve – we have been helping customers just like you since 2000. There are no upfront fees to worry about when you choose Accident Advice Helpline, as all our lawyers work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis. What’s more, you can get advice in confidence, with no obligation to proceed with a claim, whatever your circumstances. So if you have questions about the claims process or simply want to find out more, you can get in touch with us today for advice on our freephone line: 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

Source: BBC 

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.
Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )