How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    A negligent bricklayer caused my personal injury

    Bricklayers have an important job: building things! They can work on projects ranging from a small house extension to a huge commercial development, building or repairing walls, decorative stonework, chimney stacks and more. Qualified bricklayers need to study and pass a college course, as well as carrying a CSCS card to prove their competence, and it’s a good idea to check their qualifications and experience before hiring them. A negligent bricklayer could cause serious personal injury, not to mention damage to your home. But what types of accidents could be caused by a negligent bricklayer?

    • Unsecured objects or bricks falling from height whilst working
    • Leaving hazards lying around such as tools, which could cause a slip or trip
    • Open holes left unguarded whilst working
    • Walls or chimneys collapsing causing injury

    As you can see, personal injury could occur whilst the bricklayer is working or even some time later, if their work is sub-standard and causes building collapse.

    Claiming compensation for negligent construction work

    We rely on professional tradesmen to carry out work to a certain standard, and the Supply of Goods and Services Act means that tradesmen such as bricklayers must provide services to the best of their ability. If they fail to do so and this causes injury, they could be deemed negligent. If you have been injured due to sub-standard work carried out by a bricklayer, either whilst they were working at your property or later (for example, due to the collapse of a wall), you could be eligible to claim compensation. There’s usually a three-year time limit in place to make a claim, so it is a good idea to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.

    Get the compensation you deserve

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we don’t believe you should suffer in silence if you have been the victim of a negligent tradesman. We’ve dealt with hundreds of similar claims and we have over 14 years’ experience in the industry. Our team of professional personal injury lawyers can offer you confidential, no-obligation advice, whether you’d like to start things moving on your claim or simply need some more information before you decide whether to make a claim. It’s free to call our 24/7 helpline on 0800 689 0500, so pick up the phone and get in touch with us today to find out more about getting the compensation you deserve for your injuries.

    Date Published: July 23, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.