How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Must I attend court for my personal injury compensation claim?

    Many people feel guilty about claiming for compensation when they have been injured in an accident, and for some people, the idea of having to attend court can be frightening. There’s no need to feel nervous when claiming for personal injury compensation, as most straightforward cases are settled out of court. More complex cases involving serious, permanent injury, or cases where the other side rejects the claim or denies liability may involve a court case, so it’s important to be prepared in case this does apply to you.

    Claiming for compensation

    If you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, you could be eligible to claim compensation. For example, if you suffer a slip on a wet floor at your local shopping mall, and there were no signs warning of the hazard, you could claim against the mall owners. You should not feel guilty about claiming for compensation, as the individual or organisation you’re claiming against will have insurance in place to protect them in the event of a claim. You can claim for pain and suffering, but also for ‘loss of amenity’ – for example if you’re unable to participate in leisure activities due to your injury.

    You could also claim ‘special damages’ or expenses incurred as a result of your injury – this relates to things such as prescription and medical treatment costs, travel expenses and could cover loss of earnings if you’ve needed time off work to recuperate. Even minor injuries such as whiplash can be incredibly painful and affect your quality of life, so if someone else’s negligence is to blame for your accident, you should seek advice from a personal injury lawyer.

    How we can help

    Whether you’ve been involved in a road traffic accident, been injured by machinery at work or suffered as a result of clinical negligence, finding a reliable personal injury lawyer is your first step towards claiming compensation.

    With more than 13 years’ experience handling personal injury claims, our team of specialist lawyers will always treat you like an individual, listening to the details of your case and giving you plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Call our freephone advice line today on 0800 689 0500 – we’re open 24/7 – and have a chat in confidence with a member of our friendly team.

    Open Claim Calculator

    There’s no obligation to proceed, but if you do decide to claim, you’ll be pleased to know that we offer a 100% no win, no fee service, so there are no upfront costs, and you won’t pay a penny unless your claim is successful.

    Date Published: December 22, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.