MRSA compensation claims

MRSA Stamp
MRSA is most commonly contracted in hospitals or care homes.

MRSA (Meticillin-resistant staphylococcus aureusis) is a bacterial infection which resists treatment by a number of antibiotics, and it is most commonly contracted in hospitals or residential homes. If you have contracted MRSA during a stay in hospital or a residential home, you could claim for compensation.

Two types of claims

You could claim for negligent acquisition of MRSA or negligent treatment – in both cases it is not enough to show that you simply contracted MRSA whilst at hospital, as MRSA cannot be eliminated completely from medical premises. You’ll need to prove that:

  • You acquired MRSA at the hospital/residential home
  • The treatment provided was negligent and substandard
  • You would not have contracted MRSA if the treatment had not been negligent
  • This medical negligence caused you injury and loss

An experienced medical negligence solicitor can act on your behalf and will usually contact the hospital or care home for copies of their MRSA guidelines and policies, to see whether they could have done more to reduce the risk of contracting the infection.

How to claim

If you’re considering claiming for acquisition or negligent treatment of MRSA, your first step should be to contact a specialist medical negligence lawyer, and Accident Advice Helpline are waiting to take your call 24/7 on our freephone number – 0800 689 0500. We can offer you confidential advice with no obligation to proceed, and because we have more than 13 years’ experience dealing with medical negligence claims, you know that your claim is in the best possible hands. Our medical negligence claims solicitors are specialists in their field, and our 100% no win, no fee* service ensures that you won’t be left out of pocket.

Next steps

So, if you’ve decided to claim against the hospital or care home where you contracted MRSA, then it’s time to find the best medical negligence lawyers for the job. We have years of experience and access to some of the highest trained solicitors out there so you can trust us to help you claim what is rightfully yours, and we can usually tell you within 30 seconds whether your claim is viable. Because most claims can be fully processed over the phone, it is unlikely that you will need to attend court, and you can speed up the claims process by ensuring you have as much information as possible to hand before you call us, such as your medical information including the dates of the incident and any treatment received and your doctor’s contact details.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.
Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )