Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Ministry of Defence personal injury claims

For Ministry of Defence personal injury claims, Accident Advice Helpline can help. Even though servicemen and women are doing a dangerous job, the Ministry of Defence has exactly the same duty for its employees as any other employer in the UK.

This means that if you’re injured whilst serving in the Armed Forces (or injured by someone working in the Armed Forces) and it wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation.

Ministry of Defence personal injury claims: what to do

Your first port of call should be the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme. You may also be able to gain further damages by taking independent action via Accident Advice Helpline. We handle personal injury claims for military personnel and can increase the compensation you’re awarded, compared to if you only go through the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

Typical military personal injury claims

Here are a few common causes of military personal injury claims:

  • Injuries sustained in training
  • Lack of training/supervision
  • Exposure to dangerous chemicals/substances
  • Lack of safety equipment
  • Safety equipment failure
  • Tinnitus or loss of hearing due to a loud noise
  • Repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
  • Slips, trips or falls
  • Diseases and illnesses
  • Fatalities

Whether your injury is physical or psychological, you are entitled to claim for damages. You should not have to pay for the mistakes of others – no matter what your job may be.

A military career is more than just a job. It’s a way of life that crosses borders. An injury can bring this to a sudden halt and you may find yourself missing promotions or being held back in some way, leading to an unnecessary financial burden. It’s with this in mind that we suggest you get in touch with us at Accident Advice Helpline.

Seeking compensation

You have three years to start your claim from the time of your accident and we can carry out your legal negotiations. Our expert solicitors will work hard to help you get the maximum compensation you deserve.

To start your claim, call our free helpline number and speak to one of our friendly and professional advisers. You’re under no obligation to proceed and anything you tell us will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Alternatively, complete our 30-second test™ and we’ll be in touch shortly.

In order to progress your claim, we’ll need as much information as possible. This will include details about your accident, i.e. the time, date and details of what actually happened. We’ll also ask you if there were any witnesses and if any medical reports are available. If not, we’ll request that a medical expert assesses you.

Most cases are settled out of court, but we’ll be able to advise as your solicitor progresses your claim.

Chat to Accident Advice Helpline about your Ministry of Defence personal injury claims

For Ministry of Defence personal injury claims, you need look no further than Accident Advice Helpline. Dial 0800 689 5659 phone to chat to us today. We look forward to hearing from you.