How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Millions of pounds in damages paid to boy who suffered oxygen starvation at birth

    By David Brown on June 15, 2014

    A boy aged eight has finally won compensation through a claim brought by his mother against the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust regarding injuries suffered due to oxygen starvation when he was born. According to recent news reports the boy was starved of oxygen at birth, a situation that led to the development of severe cerebral palsy. He is now dependent on care provided by his parents and will be dependent on others for life. The amount agreed upon by the court amounted to £9.5 million, which will be granted in two parts. The first part is a lump sum totalling £3 million. The second part is an index-linked annual payment of £80,000 that shall be given tax-free. Furthermore this annual payment will rise to £150,000 annually upon the boy’s 19th birthday and for every year thereafter. The compensation means the parents will no longer have to worry about the cost of caring for their son and providing exactly what he needs to enjoy the fullest life.

    Has your child suffered through inadequate hospital care?

    There is no doubt this case of oxygen starvation is tragic. The claim of negligence against the hospital has led to the massive payout, every penny of which is deserved. While hospitals by and large provide outstanding care there may occasionally be the potential for accidents and mishaps to occur. If negligence can be proven you may have a case to claim for compensation for your child if they are too young to claim for themselves. As we have seen above, you may also be able to do this if your child has suffered a disability you believe was caused through negligent care.

    Claiming for compensation on behalf of your child

    If you are hesitant about whether or not you have a case to make in support of your child in this way, contact the professional injury compensation lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline today. You have three years from the date at which the incident occurred in which to make a claim for compensation. Call us now on our free 24/7 enquiry line and we’ll discuss your situation with you. You may be able to launch a no win, no fee* claim on behalf of your child, enabling you to seek compensation for an incident that has been detrimental to them in some way. Find out more today.
    Source: Conscious 

    Share On


    Date Published: June 15, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.