How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Military accidents: Road accidents

    During your term in the armed forces, it may be difficult to determine exactly the kind of the accidents you can claim for.  It is possible that during your service, you may be involved in road accidents which may not have been your fault.

    How do road accidents occur during military service?

    Road accidents are common, and will be during your service in the armed forces. You may have been involved in a road traffic collision yourself, or heard of someone else who has been. Accidents can happen on and off duty, and the circumstances will dictate whether or not you are eligible for compensation.

    If you are the victim of road accidents in the UK which result in an injury, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation against the party at fault, in much the same way a member of the public can, regardless of whether the party at fault was a member of the public or a fellow member of the armed forces.

    If you have an accident abroad with a member of the public, then you may need to consult a solicitor in that country. If, however, the accident happens whilst you are on duty, and the responsible party is a member of the armed forces, then it is also possible to make a claim through a UK law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline. The only exception to this rule is where the collision takes place during conflict. In these circumstances, you may need to make a claim through the no fault Armed Forces Compensation scheme if your accident occurred after the 6th of April 2005.

    Claiming for road traffic accidents compensation

    Accident Advice Helpline understands the monumental and courageous sacrifice of members of Britain’s armed forces, and we are dedicated to helping members of the armed forces receive adequate financial support to pay for medical care.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have been injured as the result of a road traffic accident while on duty within the last 3 years, and it wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation. At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 13 years experience in providing compensation advice. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to find out more – a friendly and professional adviser is waiting to take your call.

    Date Published: December 11, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.