How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Medical compensation for pain, injury or financial loss

    Being misdiagnosed or injured due to medical malpractice is devastating enough without the thought of the financial implications, but every year many hundreds of thousands of people in the UK are forced to take time off work on statutory sick pay, sometimes even to change their jobs and lifestyles completely due to medical error. Luckily there is a legal provision to deal with this situation: personal injury compensation.

    Being injured as a result of medical malpractice

    Even if you have been misdiagnosed or injured as a result of medical treatment, it may not be as a result of malpractice. If your doctor has done everything he or she should have, ‘reasonably and competently,’ there is no case for negligence. If your doctor missed a diagnosis that should have been obvious or failed to go through the correct routine for your particular situation, then you may have a case. You may also have a case if your doctor has done everything ‘reasonably and competently’ but someone else involved in your treatment (someone working in the hospital labs, for example) has failed to do their job, resulting in your injury.

    In order for personal injury compensation to be granted, you must firstly prove that one of the professionals involved in your treatment has been negligent. Then you must prove that your injury is a direct result of this negligence and would not otherwise have happened.

    Legal advice for personal injury compensation

    It can be very difficult if not impossible for a lay person to know if their doctor has indeed been negligent. Only a solicitor will be able to assess the information available and take expert advice on whether or not negligence has indeed taken place.

    To discuss your particular situation in detail, call our expert advisers at Accident Advice Helpline. They’ll be able to tell you whether or not your doctor may indeed have been negligent, what proof you will need in order to make a claim for personal injury compensation, and how much compensation you may be able to receive. Although there is no obligation to proceed with a claim simply by making a call, if you do choose to go ahead it will be on a no win, no fee* basis. Claims are usually done entirely over the telephone, with personal court attendance required by claimants only in rare cases.

    Open Claim Calculator

    For a very quick guide to your possible eligibility, consult our 30-second test online or to discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now. 

    Date Published: December 15, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.