How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Man who suffered a deformed hand after a work accident receives five-figure sum

    By David Brown on September 19, 2014

    Man who suffered a deformed hand after a work accident receives five-figure sum

    A 30-year-old man from Tyneside has won £40,000 in compensation after he had an accident at work that resulted in him suffering from a deformed hand. He was only three weeks into his new job with a boat-making company in Alnwick when he suffered the injury.

    It was caused by a faulty machine called flat bar pyramid rolls equipment. The machine works by depressing a pedal with the foot so sheets of aluminium can be passed through the rollers. When the person releases the foot pedal the machine should stop. However in this case there was a fault with the machine and it kept going when Robert Gibbons, who suffered the accident, removed his foot as required. This led to his right hand being taken into the machine and being severely damaged. The injuries he suffered in the accident four years ago have resulted in a deformed hand, and they meant he could not work for several months at the time.

    As a result of the deformity the tip of his little finger is bent at a right angle. He also suffers from numbness in his fingers and has reduced function in that hand.

    How severe can work-related accidents be?

    All business owners have a responsibility under health and safety laws to make sure their workers are safe and not in any danger at work. If an accident should occur and there is clear evidence that negligence on the part of the owner/operator was to blame, there is the potential to claim compensation for the mental and physical injuries suffered as a result. If in doubt it is always best to find out where you stand legally, because compensation may be payable in many situations. Clearly in this case the injury is one that will last long after the accident itself.

    If you have suffered a work-related accident, get in touch with the team at AAH now

    The professional injury compensation lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline are ready to take your call whenever you are ready to pick up the phone. There is a three-year window in which you must take action if you have been injured at work, so the sooner you can contact us the better. We’re here to provide no-obligation advice so use our free 24/7 enquiry line now to find out where you stand in a legal sense. You could begin a no win, no fee** claim soon.

    Source: Chronicle Live 

    Share On


    Date Published: September 19, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.