How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Making a claim against the NHS

    The NHS is under constant pressure to perform and can sometimes be overwhelmed, so if you feel you have received sub-standard medical care or have been a victim of medical negligence, you could claim against the NHS.

    You will need to contact a solicitor with experience dealing with medical negligence or medical malpractice cases if you want to claim against the NHS, as this is not something you can do yourself.

    Claiming successfully for medical negligence

    In order for your claim to be successful, you will need to establish and prove 3 main points:

    • Negligence
    • Causation
    • Damages

    Your solicitor will first need to prove medical negligence – this is where the standard of medical care you received fell below expected levels, for example, if an NHS doctor wrongly diagnosed your medical condition. This normally means your solicitor will obtain expert advice from a medical professional in the field and you may need to undergo a medical examination.

    Your lawyer then needs to prove causation – a causal link between the medical negligence and your injury; this can be difficult to prove but by hiring the services of an experienced medical malpractice solicitor, you have every chance of a successful claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Finally, your solicitor will look at damages, or the amount of compensation you will receive. This depends not only upon any financial loss you have incurred but also your pain and suffering. Financial loss can relate to lost income if you are unable to work or can include care/hospital costs. If you’re claiming against the NHS, a medical expert will normally assess your situation and provide a report of their findings.

    How to claim for medical negligence

    Claims against the NHS must normally be made within 3 years of the discovery of your injury, loss or damage as result of medical negligence. If a patient has died or does not have the mental capacity, these time limits may not apply.

    Accident Advice Helpline recommend that you contact us as soon as possible if you decide to claim against the NHS, as the quicker you get in touch, the sooner we can get the ball rolling on your claim.

    Medical negligence claims against the NHS can be a lengthy procedure as medical experts need to be consulted, so call us today and we can offer you no-obligation advice. Our 100% no win, no fee* service ensures that you will keep more of what is rightfully yours, you know you’re in safe hands.

    Call us today on our freephone advice line – we’re here to take your call 24/7.

    Category: Medical negligence claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.