How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Making a personal injury claim

    Making a personal injury claim

    Q. How do I prove my injury was not my fault?

    A. Could be a tricky one. You need to gather evidence and if your accident was at work, it may be that the employer has not fulfilled certain conditions, or has neglected to put safeguards in place. Having witnesses helps, so make sure to collect their contact details and get their consent to back you up. Write down as much information as possible about the incident and take photographs. You – family or a friend – should take photographs of your injuries.

    Q. Is there a time limit on making a claim?

    A. In English law, a personal injury claim must be made within three years of the date of the accident, but don’t leave it until right on the deadline.

    Q. Why should I consider making the claim sooner?

    A. If you have a valid personal injury claim, your legal representative will need time to prepare the case, take statements and draw up documents. You weaken your case by rushing it.

    Q. How do I know my personal injury claim is eligible?

    A. It must be demonstrably not your fault, you must claim within the three years and you must have required medical attention as a result of your injuries.

    Q. How do I find the best person to represent me?

    A. Accident Advice Helpline is a leading compensation provider which specialises in finding the right solicitor for a claimant’s circumstances, from their network of lawyers.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Q. What if I can’t afford the legal fees to start my claim?

    A. Most compensation providers do not ask for money in advance. If you are considering whether to start a personal injury claim, you don’t normally have to pay anything at the preliminary stage. If you seek legal advice from a solicitor, however, then you may have to pay for that consultation. However, all good solicitors will set out their fees in advance.

    Q. Will I have to have a medical examination?

    A. Probably yes, but the compensation provider or legal representative will advise.

    Date Published: March 12, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.