How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to Make A Road Traffic Accident Claim

    Road traffic accidents are an unfortunate reality of these modern times, a tragic truth that we have to live with and deal with on a daily basis. Regardless of how careful we are, there is no guarantee that we won’t be involved in one at least once in our lifetimes. Even if you are not the cause of an accident, you may still be the unwitting victim of one.

    Fortunately though, if the accident occurred through no fault of your own, you can claim fair compensation for any damage that you might have received to your person or to your vehicle. These claims are applicable following pedestrian, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents as well, and not just car accidents. Road traffic accident claims can also be made in the case of emotional stress and trauma.

    For any of these claims to be successful however, you would need to provide evidence that corroborates your claim. If you are ever involved in a non-fault accident, make sure you follow these steps to help your chances of success and build up a strong case.

    • Police records can serve as extremely strong evidence and be infinitely valuable for your claim, so call them as soon as you possibly can after an accident.
    • Even if you do not feel any pain or injuries, you should seek medical attention immediately. Official medical records can show and prove the physical and mental injuries you suffered, and help your case. They can also help you claim loss of wages compensation if the accident kept you away from work.
    • If you were not responsible for the accident, then someone else was – and you’ll need all kinds of information about them. Therefore, collect the responsible party’s contact and insurance details, vehicle registration and of course, contact information.
    • If you belong to this era, you’ll probably have a mobile phone with a built-in camera. It is essential that you collect photographic evidence of the road traffic accident to use in your claim. Take as many photographs as you can, from different angles and distances, of the scene of the incident, the damage wrought to the vehicles, the licence plates of the vehicles involved, and of any injuries that you have personally suffered.
    • Material evidence such as medical and police records, and photographs, can take you a long way with your claim and even help you win it. Yet, to build a complete case, you would need eyewitnesses from the scene. If there were any witnesses, make certain to collect their contact information.
    • Finally, and perhaps most importantly, you need to find a professional and experienced personal injury lawyer to represent you. Ask your friends and family if they have had occasion to use the services of one, and hire them as they can significantly enhance your chances at a successful claim.

    If you have been the victim of a road traffic accident at any time in the last three years, despite all your precautions, then contact Accident Advice helpline today. Recommended by the famous consumer champion Esther Rantzen, we have an unrivalled track record of helping our clients successfully claim fair compensation.

    Date Published: October 6, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.