How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to make a food poisoning complaint

    If you have been struck down by food poisoning then you’ll know that the symptoms can be pretty nasty indeed. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach cramps are all to be expected and you may suffer from fever, muscle aches and pains and headaches too. The last thing anybody expects after a nice meal out is to come down with food poisoning, but it is actually more common than you might think. If this has happened to you then the first thing you should do is contact the establishment where you ate, whether that’s a restaurant, café, pub or even a takeaway.

    Making a food poisoning complaint isn’t just about complaining, it could also help to prevent other diners from becoming ill too. The management may try to take steps to make things right, but this doesn’t mean you can’t go ahead with a claim for personal injury compensation later.

    Who do I speak to about a food poisoning complaint?

    You can speak to the manager of the establishment where you ate to let them know that you have suffered and to make a food poisoning complaint. If you’re very concerned about food hygiene at the restaurant where you ate – for example if you think they have a pest infestation, then you could contact the environmental health department of your local council to ask that they investigate.

    Poor food hygiene is a serious matter which could lead to illness and even death from food poisoning, so you shouldn’t be afraid to speak up. You can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline once you start to feel better, to find out if you could make a personal injury claim.

    No-win, no-fee* guarantee

    Our lawyers don’t charge any upfront fees for personal injury claims – we work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis, so anybody can afford to make a claim with us. If you have taken time off work after suffering from food poisoning then we can help you get compensation for your lost wages. Why not give Accident Advice Helpline a call today to find out more on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) and get confidential advice from our team of expert advisors.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Whether you have been ill for a few days or are suffering ongoing symptoms of food poisoning, we can help you get the compensation you’re entitled to, so call us today.

    Date Published: November 23, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.