Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Make an accident claim for a fall

At Accident Advice Helpline we have over fifteen years of experience in dealing with individuals who have been hurt or injured as the result of something which was not their fault.  Unfortunately accidents can happen at any time to anyone in a variety of situations. The most common types of accidents are accidents at work, road traffic accidents, and slips, trips and falls. If you’ve been injured in a fall that wasn’t your fault read on.

Make an accident claim for a fall with us

Following a fall, the person involved usually need time away from work to recover from their injury, which can lead to a loss of income. Therefore it is crucial to make an accident claim for a fall to receive financial compensation which allows you the time needed away from work to make a full recovery.

Accident Advice Helpline has expert solicitors who can help you make an accident claim and claim the compensation to which you are entitled. Our friendly advisors are on hand seven days a week and can help explain how to make an accident claim for a fall. Here is our breakdown of the most common types of accident claims people make.

Accident claims at work

By law, employers are required to keep employees safe. If an employee is injured at work and it is not their fault, they are entitled to claim compensation.

Work-related injury claims can be discouraging for some people, due to the nature of the relationship between themselves and their employer. However, this should not deter employees from claiming, as they have a legal right to do so and it can often lead to a safer work environment for all members of staff.

If an employee decides to make an accident claim against their employer, their employment status is protected by law, meaning they cannot be dismissed for making a claim.

Road traffic accidents

It is not only drivers but all road users, e.g. passengers, cyclists, pedestrians, who have a right to make an accident claim if they have been injured in a road accident.

The most common car accident claim is for whiplash – but claims can be made for a variety of injuries, including broken bones and bruises. If your injuries were sustained in a road accident caused by another motorist, the claim is made against the other motorist’s insurance company, whereas if the accident was caused by an environmental factor such as a problem with the road, the claim would be made against the Highways Agency.

Compensation following a car accident can help you recover the cost of loss of earnings if you have had to take time off work as a result of your injuries.

Slips, trips and falls

Slips and trips are mostly caused by the following:

  • Wet floors
  • Uneven flooring
  • Cracked or uneven pavements
  • Unexpected obstacles
  • Inadequate lighting
  • Ice or snow in areas that should have been cleared

To make an accident claim for a slip or fall it is necessary to establish who is liable for the area in which the accident happened. The local council is responsible for ensuring that pavements, steps and walkways are safe. Businesses such as shops, supermarkets and restaurants must take reasonable steps to prevent slips and trips by cleaning up spillages as quickly as possible, always signposting wet floors and keeping aisles or walkways clear.

Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 5659.