How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How long do you have to make a claim?

    Some people may be put off making a claim because they feel it is too late. However this does not necessarily have to be the case. How long you have got will depend on the type of claim. Knowing when to make a claim can mean you do not have to miss out on compensation for no reason.

    Personal injury

    If you have been injured in an accident you have up to three years to make a claim. The start of this period is either at the point of when the injury first occurred, or when someone is first aware that they had an injury. There are some exceptions for example if you were a child at the time of the accident or if the person claiming has learning difficulties.

    However, it is advisable to make a claim as soon as possible. The reason for this is that you can then get witness statements and people will have clearer recollections of an incident than they would several years down the line.

    Car accident

    Again this should be done as soon as possible so that you have statements from people who saw the incident and are willing to testify on your behalf with regard to what happened during an accident. In this instance it is possible to prepare for an incident happening. Keeping a notepad, pen and disposable camera in your car will mean you will be able to take details down and get physical evidence, something that is very useful when making a compensation claim.

    Work related compensation claim

    When you get injured you ought to inform your workplace that an incident has happened. This ought to be noted in an accident log book so there is proof of it occurring as well as a record of any treatment you received after the accident took place. As with personal injuries it is best to make a claim as soon as possible. These can often get resolved relatively quickly because companies tend to wish to avoid cases going to court.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Why you should contact Accident Advice Helpline

    If you are unsure about whether or not you can make a claim for compensation it is worth contacting Accident Advice Helpline. We can talk to you about how long you have to make a claim, and what you can do to improve your chances of getting compensation. Our company has received a lot of praise from online reviewers for our customer service and we pride ourselves on giving people the advice they need.

    If you choose to pursue a claim with us we can provide you with appropriate representation from our large team of specialist solicitors. Contact us today to see what we can do for you!

    Date Published: November 18, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.