How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    The law about compensation for food poisoning abroad

    If you have been struck down by nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea whilst abroad, you’ll know that food poisoning is no laughing matter. You might be wondering if you could make a personal injury claim – after all, if you’re struck down by food poisoning in the UK then it is fairly simple to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to claim the compensation you deserve. But the law about compensation for food poisoning abroad is a little different, which is why it’s best to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer to assess whether or not you are eligible to make a claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers have over 15 years’ experience and during that time we’ve helped hundreds of holidaymakers claim the compensation they deserve for food poisoning abroad, whether they visited Europe, the USA or Asia.

    So am I eligible for compensation for food poisoning abroad?

    These days many of us like to book flights and hotels separately online to save time and money. This is great, but it does mean you won’t have any protection from your tour operator if things go wrong whilst you’re abroad. For example, if you book a package holiday abroad with a UK-based company or tour operator, they could be held liable if you suffer food poisoning after eating at your hotel or on an organised excursion. If you’ve booked your travel independently, you’re usually on your own when it comes to things like this, although in some cases you may be able to speak to your travel insurance company to see if anything can be done.

    Those who have suffered food poisoning on a package holiday may be eligible for compensation for food poisoning abroad and the best way to find out is to get in touch with us. We offer confidential, no-obligation advice that could help you decide whether to make a claim.

    How much compensation could I get?

    The quickest way to find out how much compensation you could get after being struck down by food poisoning abroad is to call one of our helpful advisors for more information. This will give you an idea of how much you’re entitled to, although once our experienced lawyers assess your claim, the final settlement could be more or less than this amount. Get in touch with us as soon as you’re back home by calling 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to find out more about making a 100% no-win, no-fee* claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.