How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Land Registry accident claim

    If you suffer an accident while working for the Land Registry, or any other government department, you may want to consider making a Land Registry accident claim. If you feel that you have sufficient grounds to make a claim, Accident Advice Helpline can help.


    A Land Registry accident claim is likely to be successful if you have been injured at work in the past three years and if you could not reasonably have been expected to prevent or avoid that injury. Your employer owes you a duty of care, which means that they must identify and minimise any risks that exist in your workplace.

    Workers also have rights and responsibilities when it comes to workplace safety. These are described in the Health and Safety Information for Employees Regulations, and by law, your employer should put them on display. This is done by posting a notice titled, ‘Health and Safety Law: What You Need to Know.’

    Generally speaking, as an employee (whether permanent or temporary, full- or part time, working through an agency or directly employed) you must take care of your own health and safety as well as that of people who may be affected by your actions. You must cooperate on all matters regarding health and safety and not interfere with anything that is supplied for those purposes. You must also follow any relevant training that you have been given.

    Your options

    In all professions and settings, inevitably some individuals take health and safety less seriously than they ought to. If you are worried that your superior or a co-worker is one of these individuals and you feel unsafe at work, your first step should be to raise this matter with your supervisor. If this does not work, it may be that your trade union representative, or a representative from another organisation (such as a professional body or association), will be able to help you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If even this is not successful, you may wish to make a complaint against your employer through the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), which is the governmental body responsible for the enforcement of laws and regulations concerning safety at work. The HSE website is a great source of information and advice; you can submit your complaint through it, and ask questions about the process. Please note, however, that not all complaints about safety at work are suitable for handling by HSE, so it is a good idea to contact them first or read the website to find out whether your concern qualifies for their investigation.

    If, despite concerns having been raised, your employer’s actions lead to you being injured while at work, you may very well have grounds for a personal injury claim. In that case, Accident Advice Helpline will be able to help you. Our expert lawyers are among the best in the business and will be able guide you carefully through the process. Although you may need to undergo a medical examination to show that you have suffered genuine injury, very few claimants end up having to face their employer in court. The majority return to their previous job with no bad feelings, but hopefully with an employer who now understands the importance of making sure their staff members are safe in the workplace.

    Date Published: October 19, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.