How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Lack of care leads to £6,000 compensation for mother and son

    By David Brown on August 21, 2014

    A mother and son from Surrey have won their case against Surrey County Council and the Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Trust after both neglected to live up to their duty of care and the standards that were expected of them. The son, diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome and OCD, decided to complain as a consequence of the care that was given during a four-year period between January 2007 and February 2011.

    A local ombudsman discovered there had been a service failure from the NHS trust in connection with the treatment and care of the boy. Furthermore Surrey County Council was found to have been guilty of maladministration. The lack of care given to the boy in relation to his conditions also led to health problems for his mother. The boy was abusive and controlling in his nature and she struggled to cope with him on her own. She will now receive £6,000 in compensation after the case was found in her favour. Those involved in ruling over the case have also asked both the NHS trust and the local council to write to the mother to apologise for the lack of care that was given at that time.

    Can a failure in someone’s duty of care lead to compensation for you?

    Every situation is dealt with on an individual basis. This means a professional injury compensation lawyer should assess the evidence available for each individual case. If you believe you have suffered through a lack of care delivered by a public body, council, trust or business of any kind, you have a right to have your case heard. Getting proper advice prior to this will help you ascertain whether there is cause for compensation to be considered. The more you understand about your situation the easier it will be to consider your case.

    If this sounds familiar, contact Accident Advice Helpline now

    Don’t forget you are never more than a phone call away from contacting the friendly well-trained team here at Accident Advice Helpline. You can get in touch with us today on our free 24/7 enquiry line on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about your situation. You could have evidence of negligence that will support a strong case, and if this is true we can help you through a no win, no fee case that never puts you at financial risk. Find out more from us today and try our 30-second online test too if you prefer.

    Source: Surrey Mirror

    Share On


    Date Published: August 21, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.