How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Do you know your official first aider at work?

    The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 requires employers to provide ‘adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel’ to provide employees with immediate first aid in the event of a workplace accident. This legislation applies to all workplaces, and employers should carry out a risk assessment to ascertain what level of first aid is required – for example larger workplaces may need more than one trained first aider. If your workplace has an official first aider, you should be aware of who they are in case you need their assistance after an accident at work.

    Results of our survey

    Accident Advice Helpline recently carried out a survey relating to accidents at work, and the results are in. We asked people if they had an official first aider at work, and whilst 56% of people surveyed replied that they did and they knew who it was, almost 18% of people who responded to our survey said that whilst their workplace did have an official first aider, they didn’t know who it was.

    Even more worryingly, 16% of people said they didn’t have a designated first aider at their place of work, whilst just over 10% of people surveyed didn’t know if they did or not. It’s your employer’s responsibility to ensure that there is adequate provision for first aid at your work, and to let you know who the designated person responsible is, in case you’re injured. If you have been injured and your employer has been negligent, for example if they haven’t provided you with the training needed to carry out your job safely or if they haven’t made any provision for first aid, then you could make a personal injury claim with Accident Advice Helpline.

    Three years to claim

    Unfortunately, many people miss out on making a personal injury claim as they don’t realise there is a three-year time limit in place to claim compensation. This applies to all types of personal injury claims, however you have been injured, so it’s best to get in touch with a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. We should know, after all, we’ve been helping people claim compensation since 2000 and we specialise in personal injury law. What’s more, our team of lawyers works on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so our services are affordable to everyone. If you have suffered minor or more severe injuries in an accident at work, call us on 0800 689 0500 today to find out if you could make a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accidents at Work

    Date Published: July 3, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Research

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.