Have you have been injured in an accident at work and it was not your own fault? If this is a familiar scene then you could be entitled to make an injury at work claim and seek cash compensation for your injuries and damages. To do this you will need a professional, knowledgeable and expert law firm. That’s where we at Accident Advice Helpline can step in and save the day. We are the best law firm around and experts when it comes to injury at work claims. Are you living or staying in the Kensington and Chelsea area? Well in that case we need to introduce you to the in house Kensington and Chelsea injury at work claim team.
Kensington and Chelsea injury at work claim
Many people who live in this area work in an office or call centre environment. These are usually safe working environments, but they can also be the scene of a nasty workplace accident and some could be the employer’s fault. Here are some useful hints and tips that your employer should be following to avoid accident and injury at work claims.
- All electrical equipment should be safe and go through the relevant safety checks. Plug sockets should not be over loaded as this can risk fire and electrical shocks.
- Wires should not be left trailing along the floor as this is a tripping hazard.
- Walk ways should be clear and not cluttered to avoid trips and falling accidents.
- All staff should receive up to date and sufficient training in regards to manual handling and any other relevant office health and safety.
- Spillages should be immediately cleaned up and warning signs placed in the area to avoid slipping accidents.
- A first aid box should be kept in the office. This should regularly be checked and re-stocked as necessary. There should also be an assigned first aider in the office who can deal with first aid accidents.
- Care should be taken during office moves etc. This is a time when accidents are more likely to happen so staff should receive a health and safety refresher before an event such as an office move takes place.
It is your employer’s responsibility to follow these, and any other relevant guidelines. If they neglect any health and safety aspects and you have an accident in the office which is not your own fault then you can make an injury at work claim and receive cash compensation.
To find out more about our Kensington and Chelsea injury at work claim team and how they can help you with your injury at work claim call us here at Accident Advice Helpline on our free phone helpline number on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: December 27, 2014
Author: David Brown
Category: Accident at work claim