How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Institute of Advanced Motorists speaks out against aftermarket modifications

    By David Brown on August 12, 2014

    The Institute of Advance Motorists (IAM) has made a statement focusing on aftermarket modifications that could have serious consequences for those who undertake them. One of the areas of concern is diesel particulate filter removal, which although it is illegal is offered by a few garages as a legitimate service. Another area of concern is the use of xenon bulbs in headlights. Again this is against the law and it can increase the odds of blinding oncoming drivers. The third area of concern relates to occasions when the electronic control unit of the vehicle is deliberately reprogrammed. This is also known as chipping. Insurers typically do not offer cover (or offer expensive cover) when this has taken place. While some drivers may choose not to tell their insurers, this is very likely to render their insurance invalid.

    Aftermarket modifications may seem like a good idea to some drivers, but as you can see they either break the law or invalidate insurance policies (or both). They can also be immensely dangerous to other road users and increase the odds of accidents occurring in some situations as a result.

    When does compensation for an accident get paid out?

    Compensation will only be paid to those affected by a road accident if proof exists that another person or party was at fault and caused the accident in the first place. In this situation, and provided the accident occurred within the previous three years, the innocent party may be entitled to claim for compensation for the injuries and inconvenience suffered as a consequence. Since this can be a grey area that is often confusing, seeking advice from a professional injury compensation lawyer is often a good choice.

    Take the easy 30-second online test to see whether you have a chance to claim today

    Our 30-second online test is simple to complete and will provide you with an idea of whether you could launch a no win, no fee* claim for adequate compensation as a result of a road traffic accident. Regardless of whether the car that caused the accident was modified or not, it is essential to seek advice now. Accident Advice Helpline can assist you every step of the way to determine whether you could have cause to make such a claim and to handle the legal process on your behalf if you do go ahead. To discuss your claim with a member of Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Source: BBC News

    Share On


    Date Published: August 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.